Pacific West Malaysia has introduced Miso Cod Portions (200g) for Japanese food lovers. The new offering consists of premium quality cod fillets sauced with deep, rich and buttery miso.
Below is the recipe for Miso Cod Served with Fried Forbidden Rice:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Place garlic cloves on a double sheet of foil and drizzle with vegetable oil. Seal the foil and bake for about 1 hour, until the garlic is soft and caramelized.
2. Slice the curly kale very thinly then in a large, deep skillet, cook the kale in oil over moderate heat until crisp. Transfer the kale to a plate.
3. In the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of oil and then pour in the onion and cook over moderate heat until fragrant. Add in cooked black rice and roasted garlic, stir-fry through for 3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and season with salt and white pepper. Transfer to plate to serve.
4. In a heated pan, drizzle some oil to cook Pacific West Miso Cod Portions 3 minutes on both sides. Serve on top of the rice.
5. In the same pan, melt some butter then add in the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes.
6. To assemble, place cooked black rice on plate. Top with asparagus and Pacific West Miso Cod Portions.
7. The remainder of the juices in the pan can be served around the plate as garnish and Serve crispy kale separately as a side dish.