Fonterra announced on 31 May 2018 that it has entered into a new partnership with Lazada, the leading online shopping destination in the region. This marks Fonterra’s first partnership with an e-commerce company in Southeast Asia.
Lazada x Fonterra in 6 countries
Lazada, part of China’s Alibaba Group, will be the official platform to sell Fonterra’s Anmum, Fernleaf and Anchor brands in six Southeast Asia countries – Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines.
Lazada number one
Lazada is number one in all six Southeast Asian countries by monthly visit as of Q1 2018 with the exception of Singapore number 2 behind Qoo10, according to data from iPrice.
Anchor Full Cream Milk Powder exclusively on Lazada Indonesia
As part of the collaboration, Lazada will be the exclusive exclusive online distributor of Anchor Full Cream Milk Powder in Indonesia, marking Anchor milk’s debut in the market.
The press release also mentions “the collaborative partnership involves leveraging analytics to better understand consumer insights, test out markets and products most suited for the online environment, and drive new innovations in marketing.”
We feel the other benefits of the Lazada-Fonterra collaboration include:
- Standardising online prices and curbing parallel import
- Ability to sell customisable products exclusively designed for Lazada customers
- Launching campaign based on personalisation of packaging
- Allowing Fonterra to have an online store to reach more consumers in the six countries
- Can even test market the response of new product online before making it available offline