Alaska Milk Corporation in the Philippines has introduced condensed milk in Ube-licious Macapuno and the Milky Melon flavours. According to Yummy.ph, the Ube-licious Macapuno has a strong, sweet artificial ube flavoring, while the Milk Melon is described as the melted version of Dynamite.
Alaska Milk has created numerous recipes using condensed milk, evaporated milk and cream for in-home cooking and for entrepreneurs to create interesting dishes and drinks. This Pinoy flavour-hits are designed for vendors to create popular drinks in a cost-effective way. Just two cans are needed to make one jug.
The following is the suggested recipe for Alaska Milky Melon Samalamig together with the cost breakdown.
- 2 cans Alaska Condensada Pinoy Flavor-Hits Milky Melon Php 100.00
- 10 liters water Php 0.00
- 2 cups Melon strips (optional) Php 63.00
- 2 cups Mini sago (optional) Php 10.00
- 1 cup Cooked red gulaman (optional) Php 10.00
- 1 cup Cooked orange gulaman (optional) Php 10.00
- Tube ice
- 1. In a samalamig jug, combine 2 cans of Alaska Condensada Pinoy Flavor-Hits Milky Melon and 10 liters of water. Stir well to combine.
- 2. (Optional) Add in the melon strips, cooked sago, and colored gulaman. Mix well.
- 3. Serve with ice.
- Serving Size: 8 oz cup makes up to 44 servings
- Total Cost: P100
- Cost per cup: Php 2.27 (plain)
- Total Cost (with optional ingredients): Php 193.00
- Cost per cup (with optional ingredients): Php 6.80
The recipe and the cost breakdown for Alaska Ube-licious Macapuno Samalamig is available here.