The Philippine fastfood chain Jollibee has responded to the Metro Manila lockdown by introducing marinated frozen Jollibee Chickenjoy at selected Robinsons Supermarket branches for PHP 199 each. Shopwise is also selling Jollibee’s marinated chicken cut-ups at selected stores for PHP 199 each.
The fast food chain earlier introduced ready-to-cook Jollibee favorites for take-out and drive-thru. The ready-to-cook items are available in Jollibee stores nationwide until supplies run out.
The ready-to-cook menu includes the following choices:
- Marinated Chicken (8 pcs/pack) – PHP 219
- Spicy Marinated Chicken (8 pcs/pack) – PHP 223
- Beef Tapa (1 kg/pack) – PHP 358
- Beef Longganisa (1.2 kg/pack) – PHP 397
- Bacon (250g/pack) – PHP 137
- Buko Pie (20 pcs/box) – PHP 257
- Spicy Tuna Pie (10 pcs/box) – PHP 193
- Tuna Pie (10 pcs/box) – PHP 184
- Fries (2.7 kg/pack) – PHP 305
- Spicy Fries (2 kg/pack) – PHP 329
- Grated Cheese (1 kg/pack) – PHP 348
- Sliced Cheese (132 slices/pack) – PHP 701
- Butter (1 kg/tub) – PHP 493
- Whole corn Kernel (1 can) – PHP 36
Following the outbreak of COVID-19, restaurants globally are launching ready-to-eat or ready-to-cook options as consumers avoid public places, cut down or refrain from going out to eat/dine in restaurants. Such business model may help unlock new opportunities for foodservice players in the retail channel even after the pandemic ends.
*all images from Robinsons Supermarkets and Shopwise.