Singapore, 8 December 2022 – This afternoon, the nation saluted its dedicated F&B workforce and presented the top accolade of Superstar to one of six finalists at the Excellent Service Award (EXSA) 2022, organised by the Restaurant Association of Singapore (RAS). At the same event, winners from a total of 36 companies were also honoured with the Excellent Service Award (EXSA).
The proud occasion held at the NTUC Centre Auditorium, One Marina Boulevard, was graced by the presence of Guest-of-Honour, Ms Low Yen Ling, Minister of State, Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth & Ministry of Trade and Industry. More than 500 guests were present to witness the memorable event.
The winner and finalists under the Superstar category were recognised for their outstanding work and for having gone beyond the call of duty to deliver exceptional service and create memorable experiences for their diners and customers.
They are shiny examples of excellent frontline service crew who are often also the restaurant’s brand ambassador and the face of the restaurant. The Award seeks to inspire excellence in the service industry by identifying role models and recognising their efforts. It is hoped that their exemplary performance will inspire their fellow service crew and new recruits alike to scale newer heights and encourage more Singaporeans to join the service industry.
Launched in 1994, the EXSA is a national award that recognises individuals who deliver quality service. It seeks to develop service models for staff to emulate and to create service champions. Organisations participating in EXSA are committed to achieve service excellence.
EXSA 2022 honours 1792 recipients from 36 companies, comprising 405 Star, 513 Gold and 874 Silver award recipients. A total of 6 finalists were selected from the 405 Star Award recipients for the EXSA Superstar category. The entries were professionally evaluated by a panel of judges comprising industrial-organisational psychologist, restaurateur and experienced customer service professionals.
Superstar category Winner and Finalists
- Teo Ah Herr Henry – Winner – Soup Restaurant Group Limited
- Shameek Ram Peiarelal – Finalist – Starbucks Coffee Singapore Pte Ltd
- Nazareth Rosalie Alcantara – Finalist – Commonwealth Concepts Pte Ltd – PastaMania
- Zhao Yangyan – Finalist – Dian Xiao Er Group Pte Ltd
- Jasmin Miranda – Finalist – McDonald’s Singapore
- Siti Noraniza Binte Sapiee – Finalist – Polar Puffs & Cakes Pte Ltd
Excellent Service Award Recipients
- McDonald’s Singapore
- Golden Jade Restaurant Culinary Group Pte Ltd
- GRATIFY GROUP PTE. LTD
- POLAR PUFFS & CAKES PTE LTD
- SONG FA BAK KUT TEH FOOD PTE LTD
- THE WOK PEOPLE PTE LTD
- MOS FOODS SINGAPORE PTE LTD
- GENKI SUSHI SINGAPORE PTE LTD
- SOUP RESTAURANT SINGAPORE PTE LTD
- DIAN XIAO ER GROUP PTE LTD
- SELECT GROUP PTE LTD
- JP PEPPERDINE GROUP PTE. LTD
- Commonwealth Concepts Pte Ltd
- Tung Lok Restaurants (2000) Ltd
- RE&S Enterprises Pte Ltd
- BreadTalk Pte Ltd
- Taster Food Pte Ltd
- RAMEN PLAY PTE LTD
- Burger King Singapore Pte Ltd
- ABR HOLDINGS LTD
- First Gourmet Pte Ltd
- Neo Garden Catering Pte. Ltd.
- Orange Clove Catering Pte. Ltd.
- Deli Hub Catering Pte Ltd
- Pizza Hut Singapore Pte Ltd
- Harry’s International Pte Ltd
- Starbucks Coffee Singapore Pte Ltd
- BROTZEIT PTE LTD
- Minor Food Singapore
- PU TIEN RESTAURANT PTE LTD
- Crystal Jade Culinary Concepts Holding
- Royal T Group
- Merci Marcel
- FROG’YS PTE LTD
- Sushi Tei Pte Ltd
- The Coffee Connection Pte Ltd
About the Excellent Service Award (EXSA)
Launched in 1994, the Excellent Service Award or EXSA is a national award that recognises individuals who have delivered quality service. It seeks to develop service models for staff to emulate and to create service champions. EXSA is managed by six industry lead bodies – Association of Singapore Attractions, The Association of Banks in Singapore, Singapore Hotel Association, Land Transport Authority, Singapore Retailers Association and Restaurant Association of Singapore.
About Restaurant Association of Singapore (RAS)
As the pioneer and largest F&B Association in Singapore, Restaurant Association of Singapore has more than 500 members, representing close to 800 brands that operate more than 5,000 outlets. Our members comprise a good mix of business models such as restaurants, caterers, fast foods and food courts, with various cuisine types, thus providing a wholesome view and opinion, with the common goal to propel the industry forward.
Since 1980, RAS has acted as a collective voice for the F&B industry and strives to advance the industry through various platforms such as bridging closer working relationships between businesses and government agencies, networking events for members, recognition and awards platforms and administering programmes to drive business success.