Chef residency is the first in a lineup of international culinary talent
(Singapore, July 2018) Having transported the hearty, honest flavours of Catalonia to Brisbane’s favourite Spanish haunt Moda, Chef Javier Codina will be in residence at The Sanchaya from Friday 27th September – Sunday 29th September. Situated on the shores of Indonesia’s Bintan island just 50 minutes from Singapore, The Sanchaya is a stylish boutique estate, offering world-class cuisine, a carefully handpicked selection of wines, and exceptional guest service.
Chef Javier is well-respected amongst Australia’s most discerning diners, helming Catalan-inspired Moda, whose heartfelt menu is inspired by his own upbringing, and focuses on using fresh, local ingredients. During his time at the estate, Barcelona-born Chef Javier will draw upon generations of traditional Catalan cooking techniques to bring the vibrant, cosmopolitan flavours of Spain to The Sanchaya. Kicking off on Friday 27th September, the Mediterranean-inspired gastronomy weekend will begin with a four-hands dinner from Chef Javier and resident Chef Giacomo. A 3-course set menu will see the pair fuse their individual style, featuring some of Moda’s most iconic dishes, such as the Riverina Beef Cheek, Purple Sweet Potatoes and Paellite By Javier, Queensland Seafood.
On Saturday 28th September, Chef Javier will recreate Javier’s Table Experience, in collaboration with The Sanchaya’s Sommelier, Jeroen L’abée. Since joining The Sanchaya, Jeroen has steadily built an enviable collection of award-winning wines, which will be carefully paired with signature dishes and tapas from Chef Javier. The intimate evening will take place in the estate’s glass-walled Decanter, giving guests the opportunity to learn more about the cooking techniques Chef Javier has perfected throughout his internationally renowned career.
The weekend will culminate in a Sunday Brunch on Sunday 29th September, whereby Chef Giacomo and Chef Javier will recreate the quintessential Aussie BBQ, with a Mediterranean twist. Taking place on the lawn area at the heart of the estate, the Moda BBQ pop-up will be a casual affair, with beanbag seating areas and an optional free-flow beverage, featuring Sommelier selected wines and Australian beers.
Located less than an hour away from Singapore, The Sanchaya is a boutique beachfront estate nestled amidst luscious tropical gardens and the sparkling Indian Ocean. With an Indonesian-inspired spa, private croquet lawn, endless white beach, and several world-class dining options, The Sanchaya is one of the most convenient, yet inspiring, weekend escapes from the city.
A limited time Guest Chef Series accommodation experience includes:
- 3-nights accommodation in either a Junior Suite or Sanchaya Suite (additional nights will be charged at best available rate)
- A 3-course set menu on Friday 27th September in The Dining Room
- Two places at Javier’s Table on Saturday 28th September
- Sunday BBQ Brunch by Chef Javier on Sunday 29th September
- Complimentary pre-dinner cocktails throughout the weekend
- Daily à la carte breakfast
- Express clearance upon arrival and prior to departure at The Sanchaya Lounge in Bintan Resorts Ferry Terminal
- Complimentary shared transfer between Bintan Resort Ferry Terminal and the estate
This experience is available from Friday 27th September – Monday 30th September, with rates starting at IDR 19,500,000 per couple. For further information, please visit www.thesanchaya.com
Guests are also able to join individual events available at the following rates:
- Friday, 27th September 2019 – Javier’s menu in ‘The Dining Room’
- 3 course set menu (choice of dishes per course) or guests can choose to go a la carte
- Set menu @ IDR 1,300,000 ++
- Saturday, 28th September 2019 – Javier’s Table Experience menu
- IDR 1,535,000 ++ with optional beverage package IDR 980,000 ++ including Sommelier selected White + Red, house spirits, beers, chilled juices and Sanchaya still and sparkling water)
- Sunday, 29th September – Sunday Brunch – a barbeque jointly hosted by The Sanchaya’s Chef Giacomo and Chef Javier
- IDR 1,120,000 ++ per head (food only)
- IDR 1,500,000 ++ per head (food and Sommelier selected wines, house beers, chilled juices, soft drinks and Sanchaya still and sparkling water)
All pricing subject to 21% tax and service